8 Steps to Making your own Broccoli Sprouts
- Place 2 Tbsp of seed in a 1 Litre mason jar.
- Take the lid disc out of the lid and replace it with a round metal screen the same size
- Fill the jar entirely with water and let sit for 2 hours
- Drain the water. Rinse again with cold water and drain a second time.
- Lay jar on it’s side so any water left can drain onto bowl.
- In the morning, rinse with cold water, drain and again lay the jar on it’s side.
- Two to three times a day, rinse the sprouts with cold water, swirling them gently. Then drain and rotate jar on it’s side after each rinse.
- Drain after each rinse making sure all of the water is out of the jar.
** Sprouts should stay moist but not sit in water.
** Jar does not need to be in sunlight in order to sprout.